This training program combines IATA's trusted IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) course with Harvard ManageMentor (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Review IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and understand the legality and the responsibility of shippers, agents, and airlines.
This unique program can give you a competitive advantage in the cargo industry. In addition to your IATA DGR category 3 certificate and applicable HMM certificates you will be awarded with the Leadership & Management Diploma.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring 200 hours of self-study for the IATA course plus additional time for the HMM modules.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Apply the IATA Cargo Dangerous Goods Regulations correctly
Discern the legal aspects and the responsibility of shippers, agents, and airlines involved in transporting dangerous goods
Identify and classify individual dangerous goods items
Verify goods are properly packed, marked, and labeled
Fill in and check the "Shipper's Declaration for Dangerous Goods"
IATA DGR course content
Contents of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
Dangerous goods classes and divisions
Packing, marking, labeling and documentation requirements
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
HMM module content
The training kit includes:
- Course Guide
- The current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
- IATA Dangerous Goods Training Program, Book 1
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Dangerous goods acceptance agents
Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion (DGR category 3) is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
An HMM certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA IATA DGR category 3 course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Harvard ManageMentor Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
- Certificate Awarded: A Harvard ManageMentor Certificate is awarded for each HMM module upon successful completion of the assessment
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation IATA Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more