Safety is everyone’s responsibility in the air transport industry. As a flight crew member, load master or flight dispatcher, you have to be aware of the regulations for the transport of dangerous cargo and the impact these goods may have on the safety of a flight.
This interactive course fulfills the IATA DGR training requirements for flight crew, load masters, load planners, flight operations officers, and flight dispatchers.
Course format: This is a self-study course offered in eLearning format. This course requires approximately 5 hours of study followed by a final exam.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden hazards in cargo
- Observe the provisions for dangerous goods in the baggage of passengers and crew
- Follow basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- What can be carried by air and how
- Classification: classes and divisions
- Marking and labeling
- Dangerous goods emergency response
Download full course outline
This course fulfills the IATA DGR training requirements for:
- Flight crew members
- Load masters and load planners
- Flight operations officers and flight dispatchers
- Airlines training specialists
All candidates will be given three attempts to successfully complete the exam at the end of the course. To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
Upon successful completion of the exam, the student will be provided with a DGR Awareness e-Certificate that can be printed. The Certificate is valid for 24 months.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.