This course is designed for freight forwarder staff who either have no prior DGR training or who have not updated their training during the past 24 months. This course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and qualifies you to handle and process dangerous goods for carriage of by air for a 24-month period.
You can renew your qualification before its expiration date with the relevant recurrent training course.
Course format: This is a distance learning course requiring 35 - 45 hours of self-study, plus a 3.5-hour final exam.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply the IATA DGR to common work situations
- Understand related legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents, and airlines
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and their DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged package is discovered
- Contents of the IATA DGR
- Dangerous goods classes and divisions
- Packing, marking, labeling, and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
Download full outline and schedule
The training kit includes:
The current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
IATA Dangerous Goods Training Program, Book 1
Who should attend
This course is recommended for All Category 3 personnel as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR:
- Freight Forwarder staff preparing DG / HAZMAT shipments
- Airline staff preparing dangerous goods as Company Material (COMAT)
An IATA DGR CAT 3 Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: