Did you know that in the past 3 years, 3284 participants from 73 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course is designed for freight forwarder staff who either have no prior DGR training or who have not updated their training during the past 24 months. This course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and qualifies you to handle and process dangerous goods for carriage of by air for a 24-month period. You can renew your qualification before its expiration date with the relevant recurrent training course.
Important Note The new edition (59th) of the DGR publication will be released on November 6, 2017. If you purchase this course before November 6, 2017, you will receive the current DGR edition (58th) and be solely responsible for acquiring the 59th edition at the IATA Online Store for your exam in 2018.
This distance learning course is available in Printed format.
- This course requires approximately 35 - 45 hours of study, to be completed in 12 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply the IATA DGR to common work situations
- Understand related legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents, and airlines
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and their DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged package is discovered
- Contents of the IATA DGR
- Dangerous goods classes and divisions
- Packing, marking, labeling, and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
The training kit includes:
The current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
IATA Dangerous Goods Training Program, Book 1
Important Note: The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) publication is updated at the beginning of every year and exams are based on the most recent edition. Students are solely responsible for acquiring the latest edition for their exam (this can be purchased from the IATA Online Store).
Who should attend
This course is recommended for All Category 3 personnel as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR:
- Freight Forwarder staff preparing DG / HAZMAT shipments
- Airline staff preparing dangerous goods as Company Material (COMAT)
An IATA DGR CAT 3 Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. The exam is paper based.
- Exam Format: Subjective type questions. Closed Text Book, the current edition of the DGR Manual is required during the exam
- Number of questions: 20 (total of 100 marks)
- Time Allowance: 3.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 80 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.