Improve your understanding of DGR regulations and learn how to successfully apply them in your daily work. Gain the skills you need to processs shipments containing dangerous goods by air and to accurately complete related air transport documentation, fulfilling the regulatory requirements of ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA DGR.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Recommended level: Beginner and Intermediate
Prerequisites: Participants must hold a valid IATA DGR certificate to register for this course.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Comply with IATA’s DGR when preparing and shipping dangerous goods by air
- Understand the legal aspects and responsibilities related to the transport of dangerous goods, of shippers, freight forwarders, agents, and other entities acting as freight forwarders
- Understand the IATA DGR provision related to the identification, classification, packing, marking and labelling of dangerous goods
- Recognize the content of the Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods
- Overview of IATA DGR
- Basis and the legal aspects of the regulations and associated responsibilities
- Limitations and general requirements
- Dangerous goods classifications and divisions
- List of dangerous goods
- Packing, marking and labeling requirements
- Shipper’s Declarations and other relevant documentation including air waybill and the use of the checklist
- Dangerous goods emergency response and reporting requirements
Download full outline and schedule
- Group exercise
- Final examination
This course is recommended for:
- All personnel identified in Category 3 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
- Freight forwarder staff responsible for processing dangerous goods (HAZMAT) shipments
- IATA Cargo Agents
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade level of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to all participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.
Graduates of this course can apply for the
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs.