Improve your understanding of Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) and learn how to successfully apply them in your daily work. Gain the skills you need to process shipments containing dangerous goods by air and to accurately complete related air transport documentation, fulfilling the regulatory requirements of ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA DGR.
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to accept, handle and process dangerous goods shipments according to the current edition of the mandatory IATA Dangerous Goods Manual, along with the regulations as defined by the United States Aviation Authority in the 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Comply with IATA’s DGR when preparing and shipping dangerous goods by air
- Understand the legal aspects and responsibilities related to the transport of dangerous goods, of shippers, freight forwarders, agents, and other entities acting as freight forwarders
- Apply both the IATA and US regulations to identify, pack, mark, label and document dangerous goods
- Recognize the content of the Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods
- Overview of IATA DGR and 49 CFR
- Basis and the legal aspects of the regulations and associated responsibilities
- Limitations and general requirements
- Dangerous goods classifications and divisions
- List of dangerous goods
- Packing, marking and labelling requirements
- Shipper’s Declarations and other relevant documentation including air waybill and the use of the checklist
- Dangerous goods emergency response and reporting requirements
Download full outline and schedule
- Group exercise
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recommended for those involved in transport of dangerous goods in the US
- Freight forwarder staff responsible for processing dangerous goods (HAZMAT) shipments
- IATA Cargo Agents
An IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) and 49 CFR - Initial - Category 3 certificate is awarded to participants obtaining a grade level of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to all participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More