Completing this course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and extends your qualification to handle and process dangerous goods for an additional 24 months. To be eligible for this course, you must hold a valid DGR Certificate at the time of your recurrent exam. If you do not meet the requirements for recurrent training, please see the relevant initial training course.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply the IATA DGR correctly
- Understand all legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents and operators (airlines) involved in the carriage of dangerous goods
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and the DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods correctly
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged/leaking package is discovered
- Contents of the IATA DGR
- Dangerous goods classes and divisions
- Packing, marking, labeling and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for all Category 3 personnel as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR:
Freight Forwarder staff preparing DG / HAZMAT shipments
- Airline staff preparing dangerous goods as Company Material (COMAT)
Important: You must hold a valid DGR Cat. 3 certificate at the time of the recurrent exam
An IATA DGR CAT 3 Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
The training kit includes:
The current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
IATA Dangerous Goods Training Programme, Book 1
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.