DescriptionPrices & Registration
Safety is your responsibility!
During this course improve you awareness of operational restrictions, packaging instructions and other regulatory aspects related to the safe transport of dangerous goods by air. Gain the skills to accept, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the regulatory requirements of ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR).
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Comply with IATA’s DGR for shipping dangerous goods by air
- Complete the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Identify, classify, pack, mark, label and document dangerous goods according to regulations
- Understand the legal aspects and responsibilities of transporting dangerous goods
Basis of IATA DGR
- Legal aspects and responsibilities
- Limitations for the carriage of dangerous goods by air
- Excepted and limited quantities
- State and operator’s variations
- Classification and identification of dangerous goods
- The nine hazard classes
- Alphabetical list and precedence of hazards table
- Special provisions
- Not Otherwise Specified (NOS) entries
- Mixtures and solutions
- Packing, marking and labeling requirements: UN specifications, limited quantities and other packaging
- Required transport documentations: DGD, air waybill, and the use of the checklist to verify compliance
Recognition of undeclared dangerous goods
Dangerous goods emergency response and reporting requirements
Shipment of radioactive materials
This course involves calculation exercises, please bring a calculator. A complimentary copy of the Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) manual is provided with the course material.
This course is recommended for:
Shippers and packers
- Airline cargo acceptance and cargo agency staff
- Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods
- Consolidators and freight forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
|Find related courses: