Safety is your responsibility!
During this course improve you awareness of operational restrictions, packaging instructions and other regulatory aspects related to the safe transport of dangerous goods by air. Gain the skills to classify, prepare, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the regulatory requirements of ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR).
Please note: This course excludes radioactive materials
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Dec 18 - Dec 20, 2017 - United States, Miami (IATA)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Comply with IATA’s DGR for shipping dangerous goods by air
- Complete the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Identify, classify, pack, mark, label and document dangerous goods according to regulations
- Understand the legal aspects and responsibilities of transporting dangerous goods
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Shippers and packers
- Manufacturers and exporters of dangerous goods or products contain dangerous goods
- Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods
- Consolidators and freight forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.