The New Distribution Capability
(NDC) Program is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new, XML-based data transmission standard (NDC Standard). The NDC Standard will enhance the capability of communications between airlines and travel agents and will be open to any third party, intermediary, IT provider or non-IATA member, to implement and use.
The NDC Program will transform the way airline products and services are retailed to corporations, leisure, and business travellers, and will facilitate product differentiation, time-to-market, access to full and rich travel content, and a transparent shopping experience.
This introductory New Distribution Capability (NDC) training course designed for airlines, will provide an in depth review of the NDC concept, terms, offer and order management, application program interface (API) and schemas, reference architecture, building blocks and the financial simulator to support you building your business case. You will learn how to build and refine your NDC business case and how to identify the most relevant deployment options for your distribution strategy.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3.5 days (28 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 14 - Nov 17, 2017 - Spain, Madrid (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the NDC program and scope
- Explain how NDC supports offer and order management, and how NDC can support your distribution strategy
- Understand the basics of the NDC reference architecture and XML schemas
- Identify the deployment path which is most relevant for your distribution strategy
- Learn how to build your NDC business case
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline sales managers and executives
- Airline commercial revenue managers
- Airline distribution managers
- Airline IT architects and strategists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.