Your business is only as good as the integrity of your employees. Pre-employment background checks are the first, and possibly most important step in making sure your employees do not risk damaging the integrity of your business. The risk of insider threats is nothing new, but easy access to new technologies and tools brings new challenges to insider threat mitigation.
Based on recommendations from the ICAO Universal Security Audit Program and the IATA Security Manual, this course helps you develop an employee background vetting program that fits the context of your company giving you an insight into regulatory requirements, potential legal implications for your HR and security practices, and practical vetting techniques. A full-day implementation workshop guides you through the selection and implementation of proven vetting procedures, while also letting you practice a range of candidate evaluation techniques.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 25 - Jul 27, 2018 - United States, Miami (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Choose the right approach and vetting procedures for your company
- Examine the weaknesses in your vetting program
- Assess systemic problems in your processes
- Determine the resources, tools and techniques needed to strengthen your background vetting program and support insider threat detection
- Utilize insider threat mitigation and vetting techniques
- Adopt a risk management approach to selecting your workforce and allocating resources
- Integrate online reputation evaluation into your insider threat strategy and vetting procedures
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Security and human resources management at airlines and airports
- Corporate security management
- Government and regulator staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.