DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
Explore and interpret Global Distribution Systems Fares (GDS) by using mileage system pricing.
Course formatThis distance learning course is delivered online through a web-based program.
- This course requires approximately 50 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Downloadable Workbook with exercises, GDS commands, maps, and definitions of key journey pricing principles.
- Minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
PrerequisitesLearners must already be familiar with GDS system functionality, basic commands, and have the ability to interpret booked itineraries.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing
Identify and price different journey types
Read, interpret, and apply fare rules
Check minimum-fare rules in pricing itineraries
Use GDS to issue tickets for manually-priced reservations
Introduction to mileage based air fares, analyzing itineraries and retrieving fares from a GDS
Pricing one-way and circle trip practice exercises
Limitations on indirect travel, side trips and surface sectors
Backhauls, circle trips, journeys in different classes of service and alternative fare break points
Lowest combinations, round-the-world journeys and minimum checks
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline fares desk agents
- Travel agents
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available..
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.