DescriptionPrices & Registration
Study key International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) used for preparing financial statements in the airline industry.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Apply a single set of high-quality international accounting standards
Identify the key International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) used in the preparation of financial statements in the airline industry
Diagnose and resolve issues arising during the preparation of airline statements in accordance the IFRS
International Accounting Standards (IAS) 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
IAS 2 Inventories;
- IAS 12 Income Taxes
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 17 Leases
- IAS 18 Revenue
- IAS 21 Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
- IAS 23 Borrowing Cost
- IAS 36 Impairment of Assets
- IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- IAS 38 Intangible Assets
IFRS 5 Non-current assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- Case studies
- Group discussions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Experienced airline accountants with basic or no knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.