Gain fundamental knowledge about aviation operations that ab initio learners will need to succeed as flight operations officers.
During this 5 days training, you will have a better understanding of the organization of a flight operations department, management systems and human factors application on matters such as flight deck design, leadership, crew coordination and operational training and evaluation, which contribute to better performance of duties and responsibilities at an Airline Operations Center (AOC).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 05 - Mar 09, 2018 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Review the regulatory requirements
- Describe the flight operations department organization
- List the flight operations department duties and responsibilities
- Outline the management systems requirements
- Summarize Human Factors applications in flight operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ab initio staff in an Airline Operations Center (AOC)
- New hires as flight operations officers
- Flight crew members
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.