DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
A Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for a team of food and beverage servers and for the efficient operation of a dining facility. Effective food and beverage managers offer guests the ultimate wining and dining experience.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in ebook format.
- An average of 240 hours of study is required for this course.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- The enrolment period is six months
- An online course examination must be taken before the enrolment period expires.
- Only one exam attempt is available for this course.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Motivating and inspire a team
- Manage efficient operations in various areas of a food establishment
- Direct, plan and control all aspects of food and beverage services
- Deliver excellent sales and customer service skills
- Control budgets and forecast financial figures
- Manage cash and inventory
- Develop or adopt new products and services to attract and retain more customers
- Apply local legislations and regulations that govern quality and safety
Human Resources Management
Download full outline
- The course modules are presented in four workbooks focused on different management themes.
- Each module is presented in the context of managing a food and beverage operation: Marketing and Operations; Administration; Leadership and Legislation; and Human Resource Management
This course is recommended for:
- Restaurant/dining room servers and managers
- Hotel, resort and convention center managers
- Catering managers
- Banquet servers and managers
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: