DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
A Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for a team of food and beverage servers and for the efficient operation of a dining facility. Effective food and beverage managers offer guests the ultimate wining and dining experience.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in printed textbook format.
- An average of 240 hours of study is required for this course.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- The enrollment period is six months
- An online course examination must be taken before the enrollment period expires.
- Only one exam attempt is available for this course.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Motivate and inspire a team
- Manage efficient operations in various areas of a food establishment
- Direct, plan and control all aspects of food and beverage services
- Deliver excellent sales and customer service skills
- Control budgets and forecast financial figures
- Manage cash and inventory
- Develop or adopt new products and services to attract and retain more customers
- Apply local legislations and regulations that govern quality and safety
Human Resources Management
Download full outline
- The course modules are presented in four workbooks focused on different management themes.
- Each module is presented in the context of managing a food and beverage operation: Marketing and Operations; Administration; Leadership and Legislation; and Human Resource Management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Restaurant/dining room servers and managers
- Hotel, resort and convention center managers
- Catering managers
- Banquet servers and managers
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non supervised online based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 51 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: