As a hotel guest’s initial point of contact, the Front Desk Agent creates a positive first impression and sets guest expectations. Front Desk Agents must possess a wealth of knowledge regarding their property and the attractions surrounding it, so they can answer questions and make helpful recommendations. They have credibility as professionals that win a guest’s loyalty and confidently handle all front desk operations.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in ebook format.
- An average of 40 hours of study is required for this course.
- The enrollment period is six months
- An online course examination must be taken before the enrollment period expires.
- Only one exam attempt is available for this course.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Sell the hotel property's features and the attractions surrounding it
- Skilfully answer questions and make helpful recommendations
- Create a positive first impression and win a guest’s loyalty
- Handle all front desk operations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Guest Services
- Reservations and Sales
- Arrivals and Departures
- Departmental Operations
- Safety and Security
Download full outline
- This practical course supplies a course workbook which serves as your textbook study to prepare for examination.
- The course study is designed around carefully designed occupational standards set by tourism and hospitality sectors, as followed by the emerit training program.
This course is recommended for:
- Restaurant/dining room servers and managers
- Hotel, resort and convention center managers
- Catering managers
- Banquet servers and managers
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: