DescriptionPrices & Registration
This convenient, one-day course provides in-class familiarization training for maintenance and quality managers as required by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and similar authorities.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 8 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe essential fuel tank safety elements and typical terms
- Summarize the historical background of fuel tank safety
- Identify unsafe conditions that can result in airworthiness limitations items
- Recognize key safety precautions to avoid fuel tank fire
- Analyze ignition mitigation means
- Historical background
- TWA 800 accident investigation outcomes
- Past major accidents, accident investigations and their conclusions
- Pre- and post-cursors
- SFAR 88
- JAA Interim policy INT/POL/25/12 - implementation and compliance status
- Identifying failure conditions
- Effects on aircraft maintenance
- Fuel Airworthiness Limitation Section
- Maintenance and inspection tasks
- Critical Design Configuration Control Limitation (CDCCL)
- Precautions to take during maintenance
- Flammability Reduction Means (FRM) and Ignition Mitigation Means (IMM)
- Fault detection and control
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course meets the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) training requirements for:
- Maintenance managers
- Quality managers and quality assurance personnel
- Inspectors and auditors for national authorities
- Maintenance engineers
Maintenance and continuing airworthiness personnel should attend EASA Fuel Tank Safety – Level II – Level II detailed training.
An IATA Letter of Attendance is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
|Find related courses: