Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
This course covers the many aspects of ground operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM). Therefore, the AHM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
- The Ground Operations Management course textbook
- The latest IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) software web download* (single user license)
**Please check the system requirements for the installation of the AHM
The AHM software web download* (single user license) represents a value of $554 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.