Did you know that in the past 3 years, 717 participants from 74 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
Course formatThis distance learning course is available in Printed or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 60 - 70 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
PrerequisitesParticipants are recommended to have at least 2 years of professional experience across ground handling functions
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
This course covers the many aspects of ground operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM). Therefore, the AHM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.The price of the study kit includes:
*Please check the system requirements and technical specifications for the installation of the AHM
- The Ground Operations Management course textbook
- The latest IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license)
The AHM software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license) represents a value of $587 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Further trainingiPad package
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.