Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 60 - 70 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies
Prerequisites: Participants are recommended to have at least 2 years of professional experience across ground handling functions
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
The IATA Ground Operations Management
course covers the many aspects of ground operations for which IATA has
developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the
IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM). Therefore, the AHM* has been included in
the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will
refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
- The Ground Operations
Management course textbook
- Two exam attempts to
obtain your IATA Certificate
- The latest IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)**, Software Web Download * (Single User License)
* Please check the
system requirements for the installation of the AHM
** Find out more
about the Airport Handling Manual
The AHM Software Web Download * (Single User License)
represents a value of $554
included in the price of this course!
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
iPad packageFurther training
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.