Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Ground Operations Management course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
This course covers the many aspects of ground operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM). Therefore, the AHM* has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
- The Ground Operations Management course textbook
- The latest IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)** Software Web Download * (Single User License)
* Please check the system requirements for the installation of the AHM
** Find out more about the Airport Handling Manual
The AHM Software Web Download * (Single User License) represents a value of $554 included in the price of this course!
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary by Topic
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.