New Distribution Capability (NDC) is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA to develop and implement a new XML-based data transmission standard. NDC enables the industry to transform the way airline products are retailed to business and leisure travelers with full and rich content, and a transparent shopping experience.
The comprehensive IATA Trained NDC Consultant training solution is designed to provide aviation industry consultants with in-depth expertise on the NDC standard. By holding an official IATA-Trained NDC Consultant certificate, your clients will know you have the right qualifications to help them design and implement an effective NDC project.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 32 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Basic NDC concepts and use in the industry
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop project roadmaps for NDC implementation
- Assess the impact of NDC on your client’s current IT environment
- Support airlines creating strategies pertaining to NDC offer and order management
- Assist airline management in preparing for an NDC programme
- Assist the airline business, IT and procurement team with the selection of NDC vendors
- Gain a technical understanding of the NDC architecture and message flows
- NDC scope and vision – how NDC supports the airline distribution strategy through offer and order management
- How to plan and design NDC projects
- Assessing the business and technical readiness of an airlines for an NDC project
- Understand the activities involved in NDC solution procurement
- Review architecture, message flows and integration into existing IT environments
Download full outline and schedule
Interactive workshop using a basic NDC Toolkit to:
- Create an airline NDC capability matrix
- Assess the airline’s NDC readiness
- Create an NDC RFP framework
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- IT services consultants
- Airline consultants
- Transportation consultants
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and final examination.
Furthermore, participants who pass the exam will be listed in IATA online registry of IATA Trained NDC consultants.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.