A complete and up-to-date legal and regulatory framework constitutes one of the cornerstones of an effective civil aviation system which is safe, secure, regular, sustainable and efficient. Some States may need reform of their civil aviation laws and regulations due to: existing legal and regulatory instruments being outdated or not covering the latest amendments to the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs); gaps in critical areas related to safety and security oversight; or inadequate provisions for economic aspects of civil aviation law and regulations.
This course is designed to provide the essential knowledge and skills which will enable State officials at all levels to adequately plan, manage, control and complete the modernization of State civil aviation laws and regulations in order to adequately reflect national policies and to comply with international obligations.
*This course has been recognized by the Quebec Bar Association and will provide 30 CLI credits.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Be conversant in essential concepts of international laws and regulations applicable to civil aviation
- Assess different models, then make balanced decisions and plans to update existing civil aviation laws and regulations
- Develop a State aviation legal and regulatory reform project management plan including terms of reference and project requirements
- Use strategies to gain the support of key stakeholders
- Manage change and communicate project progress effectively
- Structure the legal and regulatory framework so as to facilitate its amendment and improvement.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Officials from Ministries of Transport and Ministries of Justice.
- Managers up to and including Directors General level of Civil Aviation Authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.