Shipping Infectious Substances can be an intimidating task when looking at the multitude of classification, packaging, marking, labelling, documentation, and handling requirements.
In accordance with Division 6.2 – Category A and B requirements, this course will keep you compliant with regulations for shipping infectious substances, such as those used in medical research and diagnostic fields. This course will teach you the skills to handle potentially dangerous pathogens, process all of the correct documentation, and reduce risks to yourself and those around you.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|Nov 09 - Nov 11, 2015 - Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong (JAA-RTP)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply the technical skills of shipping infectious substances by air
- Reference the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the most recent IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Apply the step-by step workbook in conjunction with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments in compliance with the applicable regulations
- Classification of infectious substances
- Labelling, documentation, and handling of infectious substances
- Emergency procedures for infectious substances
- IATA Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Key issues involved in the shipping of infectious substances
Download full outline and schedule
- Interactive exercises on completion of the Shipper's Declaration for Infectious Substances
- Group discussions
A complimentary copy of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines (ISSG) manual is provided with the course material.
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.