Did you know that in the past 3 years, 93 participants from 22 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Improve your response to extreme security situations in a series of simulation exercises.
From minor in-flight incidents to bomb threats and hijacking situations, this course takes a practical approach to in-flight security. Learn industry-wide standards and techniques used to handle passenger disturbances and put them into practice in the safety of the classroom.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Stay up-to-date with the latest threats to civil aviation
Prepare yourself and air crew members to respond to in-flight incidents
Implement in-flight security procedures during classroom exercises
- Threat Management
- Triggers of disruptive behavior
Terror threats to aviation
Bomb threats on board
- Threat Assessment and Identification
- Passenger and baggage screening
Warnings and suspicious signs
- Regulations and Security Framework
- Aviation security background and current trends
Aviation security legislation
Balancing customer service with inflight security procedures
Who should attend
This course is design for:
Airline Managers with Avsec responsibilities
Air crew and supervisors
Law enforcement personnel responding to in-flight emergencies
Civil aviation authority representatives
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: