During this course you will learn how to develop sound instruction, to enable adult learning experiences to be more efficient, effective and appealing. We will teach you the skills you need to design and develop valuable training programs that address different learning styles. Over five days, the course follows a systematic process that will help you develop training materials that are professional, well-designed and cost-effective. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to practice some of these key skills for developing training and educational programs.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|May 16 - May 20, 2016 - Italy, Rome (IATA)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of adult teaching and learning principles, and articulate the main dimensions of individual learning styles
- Follow the key phases and activities of the ADDIE instructional design process
- Generate the Terms of Agreement with BOSCARD for your Instructional Design project
- Use needs analysis to validate training need and create training scope
- Develop learning objectives and corresponding lesson plans
- Design appropriate learner involvement and learner assessment strategies
- Develop and validate training materials
- Describe the different evaluation levels and their associated measurement instruments
- Adult teaching and learning principles
- ADDIE methodology
- Project Management
- BOSCARD for Instructional Design projects
- Learning objectives
- Module design
- Material validation
- Training evaluation
Download full outline and schedule
- Interactive exercises and role plays
- Create and deliver ID Project BROSCARD presentation and pilot training session with feedback and guidance from the instructor
This course is recommended for:
- Training specialists and aviation professionals
- Subject matter experts involved in training development and implementation
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
What people are saying
I have been an instructor for 10 years and this course took me to a new level of understanding and appreciation for what is involved in designing top quality training materials. The instructor was most qualified and knowledgeable in the field: she went way beyond what was required to ensure that the participants' individual needs were addressed.
Nandalal Manoo, Air Traffic Services Instructor, Trinidad & Tobago CAA
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More