Capitalize on the safety and commercial benefits that a SMS can bring your organization.
Leading airlines from all regions have incorporated the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) standards into their airline operations, and IOSA is a major component of industry efforts to improve aviation safety. Learn how to comply with the latest IOSA provisions for Safety Management Systems (SMS).
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|May 19 - May 21, 2015 - Jordan, Amman (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Be proficient in IOSA-SMS provisions and audit methodology
- Comply with IOSA-SMS provisions on documentation and implementation within airline operations
- Develop the risk management process from hazard identification to mitigation actions
- Achieve optimal safety performance and be prepared to comply with SMS regulatory requirements
- Utilize corporate culture to facilitate SMS implementation
- SMS framework
- SMS concept, evolution and benefits
- IOSA program documentation
- IOSA – SMS requirements structure
- Interlinked and repeated IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPS)
- Audit methodology
- Organization and Management System (ORG) section
- SMS ISARPs
- Fulfilling documentation requirements
- Checking the implementation
- Risk management process
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment &risk mitigation
- SMS implementation
- Methodology and deliverables
- Challenges to implementing IOSA-SMS provisions
- Change management
Download full outline and schedule
- Exercises include IOSA-SMS requirement details and risk management techniques.
This course is recommended for airline staff:
- Safety Managers and Officers
- Airline Managers
- Airline Quality Managers
- Airline IOSA Coordinators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More