Did you know that in the past 5 years, 172 participants from 38 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Capitalize on the safety and commercial benefits that a SMS can bring your organization.
Leading airlines from all regions have incorporated the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) standards into their airline operations, and IOSA is a major component of industry efforts to improve aviation safety. Learn how to comply with the latest IOSA provisions for Safety Management Systems (SMS).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Be proficient in IOSA-SMS provisions and audit methodology
- Comply with IOSA-SMS provisions on documentation and implementation within airline operations
- Develop the risk management process from hazard identification to mitigation actions
- Achieve optimal safety performance and be prepared to comply with SMS regulatory requirements
- Utilize corporate culture to facilitate SMS implementation
- SMS framework
- SMS concept, evolution and benefits
- IOSA program documentation
- IOSA – SMS requirements structure
- Interlinked and repeated IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPS)
- Audit methodology
- Organization and Management System (ORG) section
- SMS ISARPs
- Fulfilling documentation requirements
- Checking the implementation
- Risk management process
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment &risk mitigation
- SMS implementation
- Methodology and deliverables
- Challenges to implementing IOSA-SMS provisions
- Change management
- Exercises include IOSA-SMS requirement details and risk management techniques.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for airline staff:
- Safety Managers and Officers
- Airline Managers
- Airline Quality Managers
- Airline IOSA Coordinators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: