When shipping or accepting live animals for air transportation, you have to know how to use and comply with the IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR). IATA LAR is the global standard and essential guide to transporting live animals by air in a safe, humane, and cost-effective manner. The expertise acquired in this course will also allow you to identify business development opportunities for your company as this type of transportation requires a high degree of technical skills.
Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, an airline, or an animal care professional, a working knowledge of LAR is a must to ensure that live animals are transported humanely and in compliance with airline regulations and animal welfare standards.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites: Participants should have prior knowledge of Air cargo procedures
Recommended level: Beginner and Intermediate
|Aug 08 - Aug 10, 2017 - Sweden, Stockholm (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Meet compliance standards and master the use of IATA’s Live Animals Regulations (LAR) manual
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air
- Review and discuss special routings and animal behaviors
- Identify and implement procedures to handle emergency situations
- Understand the container design principles for live animals.
- Proper use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Government and airline regulations
- Shippers' and airlines' responsibilities
- Classification and identification of live animals
- Packaging, documentation and marking requirements for live animal shipments
- Special shipping procedures and considerations for endangered species
- Delay and emergency handling
- Load planning and calculation
- Completion of the Shipper's Certification for Live Animals, the Notification to Captain (NOTOC), and CITES documentation
Download full outline and schedule
- Case studies
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Customer service
- Reservations and operations staff of airlines
- Airline handlers
- Air cargo forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More