DescriptionPrices & Registration
Use IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual to ship live animals safely and to comply with standards.
Available as: Distance-learning course with online examination
Duration: 4-6 hours
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
- Proper use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Completion of the Shipper's Certification for Live Animals, the Notification to Captain (NOTOC) and CITES documentation
- Shippers and airlines responsibilities
- Classification and identification of live animals
- Packaging, documentation and marking requirements for live animal shipments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Satisfy compliance standards and master the use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air
- Review and discuss special routings and animal behaviors
- Identify and implement procedures to handle emergency situations
- Understand the container design principles for live animals
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- Airlines and cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs. More