With more than 1 billion international trips each year, the travel industry offers travel professionals excellent business opportunities. This course will help you take advantage of these opportunities by improving your skills in supervising and managing people and by building business relationships based on win-win negotiating strategies. Learn how to be competitive by developing new products and market them effectively. You will also gain insight on agency accounting procedures to build business plans that lead to good financial health.
This training program combines IATA's Managing the Travel Business course with Harvard ManageMentor (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring approximately 150 hours of self-study for the IATA course, plus a minimum of 20 hours for the HMM modules.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply manager roles and responsibilities
- Coach and motivate employees
- Develop sound negotiating skills
- Develop new products and services
- Arrange special interest travel and tour production
- Set up proper back office operations
- Establish a social media strategy
- Improve your management skills with Harvard ManageMentor
Download full outline and schedule
Managing the Travel Business course content
- Administration and accounting
- Strategic management and negotiation
- Product development
- Meeting and event planning
- Sales and marketing
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues. HMM online modules feature:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel supervisors and middle managers
- Agency BSP and accounting personnel
- Sales and marketing managers
- Independent travel consultants
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma and be eligible for the Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) certification.
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant course, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Available course formats
Order online to receive self-study course materials. You will access all your study materials and module links online, through your User Account in IATA’s Learning Management System. You must have access to an Internet connection and the Google Chrome™ browser.