DescriptionPrices & Registration
New Distribution Capability (NDC) is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA to develop and implement a new XML-based data transmission standard. NDC enables the travel industry to transform the way airline products are retailed to corporate and leisure travelers with full and rich content, and a transparent shopping experience.
Over 10 days of intensive in-company training, the NDC Extensive Training for Airlines program will help you implement an effective NDC project. You will align your strategy and determine potential revenues and costs associated with NDC. You will gain a thorough understanding of NDC architecture and build a comprehensive business case supporting your NDC project. Finally, you will learn how to find and select the right partner to implement your project.
- This course is available on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 10 days (80 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Align your product and distribution strategy
- Determine potential revenues and associated costs
- Understand NDC architecture
- Identify NDC requirements for your airline
- Build a business case for NDC
- Identify potential solutions
- Define the impact that NDC may have on your existing systems and future systems
- Evaluate available solutions in the marketplace
- Find the right partner for your NDC implementation project
- Module 1: Understanding NDC (2 days)
- Module 2: Building the NDC Business Case (3 days
- Module 3: Defining the NDC Capabilities (2 days)
- Module 4: Vendor Selection Support (3 days)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline Senior Managers
- Airline Business Development Managers
- Airline Product Managers
- Airline Distribution Managers
- Airline IT Managers
- Airline Sales Managers
Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70%
or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to
participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.