The New Distribution Capability (NDC) Program is a travel industry-supported program (NDC Program) launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new, XML-based data transmission standard (NDC Standard). The NDC Standard will enhance the capability of communications between airlines and travel agents and will be open to any third party, intermediary, IT provider or non-IATA member, to implement and use.
The NDC Program will transform the way airline products and services are retailed to corporations, leisure, and business travelers and will facilitate product differentiation, time-to-market, access to full and rich travel content, and a transparent shopping experience.
This New Distribution Capability (NDC) Readiness training course is designed for NDC Program and Product Owners within the airlines. It will take a step-by-step approach to show how your airline can assess business and technical NDC readiness. It will also show how an airline can create an NDC path or adoption strategy based on the various capabilities an airline may plan to use based on their distribution strategy.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 16 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- Understand the NDC program and scope
- Understand the current state of NDC in the industry
- Understand the key terms and concepts of NDC
- Recognize how NDC may affect your distribution landscape
- Understand the prerequisites, tasks and activities required to setup an NDC program
- Have a basic understanding of NDC adoption strategies and options
- NDC Program and industry update
- NDC offer and order management
- Key terminology and components of NDC
- NDC reference architecture
- What it takes to create an NDC strategy and business case
- NDC readiness and sanity check
- NDC platform assessment
- NDC capabilities and business rollout strategies
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
- Airline IT managers and NDC project managers
- Airline NDC stakeholders from various airline business units
- Airline strategy and business development managers
- IT solution providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More