NDC is a travel industry supported program launched by IATA to address the airline industry’s current distribution limitations: product differentiation and time-to-market, access to full and rich air content, and shopping transparency.
Gain exclusive insight into the future of distribution from a member of IATA’s Distribution Data Exchange (DDX) Working Group. Learn about the latest NDC developments and pilot programs, and understand how NDC will change the way the aviation industry operates and markets its products.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Recommended level: Professional and Management
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The business and technical aspects of the IATA NDC initiative
- The current status of the NDC development rights
- How the airline distribution business and marketing will change
- The technical integration of NDC into airline distribution
- Distribution channels today
- Direct and indirect sales
- Cost and determinants
- IT systems and interfaces
- Business perspective and resolutions
- Processes and interfaces
- Technical standards
- Consequences for industry and consumers
- DDX Working Group
- Organization and content
- Current development on shopping, payment and interline
- Latest updates
- Industry pilots
- NDC strategy
- Analysis of your current distribution strategies
- How NDC will affect your organization
Download full outline and schedule
- Business cases
- Interactive group exercises
This course is recommended for managers in airlines, travel agencies ans GDS's involved in:
- Strategy and business development
- Sales and distribution
- Marketing and communication
- Yield and revenue
- Information technology
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.
Graduates of this course can apply for the
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.