Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline’s industry most visible airport position and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport.
The course complements the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
This training program combines IATA's trusted Passenger Ground Services course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in & boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger & baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
Passenger Ground Services course content
Introduction to airport and airline operations
Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
Managing passenger interactions
Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Harvard ManageMentor modules:
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary by Topic
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.