Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline industry's most visible airport positions and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport.
The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in & boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger & baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
Introduction to airport & airline operations
Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
Passenger & Baggage check-in procedures (airport & off-site)
Conditions of passenger & baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
Managing passenger interactions
Aviation security procedures for passenger & baggage transport
Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Who should attend
Airline passenger service staff
Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
iPad packageFurther training
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: