Did you know that in the past 3 years, 1264 participants from 69 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline industry's most visible airport positions and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport.
The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
Course formatThis distance learning course is available in Printed or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger and baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
Introduction to airport and airline operations
Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
Managing passenger interactions
Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: