DescriptionPrices & Registration
Learn how to ship perishables safely, comply with standards, and master the use of IATA's Perishable Cargo Regulations.
Available as: Distance-learning course with online examination
Duration: 4-6 hours
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
- Proper use of IATA's Shipping Perishable Cargo manual
- Perishables Classification
- Packaging, documentation and marking requirements for perishable cargo
- Special perishable shipping procedures and considerations
- Time and Temperature management as well as air transport of cut flowers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Review methods and techniques to better manage time and temperature sensitive cargo
- Explore the latest industry trends and types of perishable commodities transported by air
- Reduce your business exposure through in-depth analysis of global government controls
- Identify new market opportunities and improve service to existing markets by studying transport standards and documentation
- Use the current Shipping Perishable Cargo Guidelines Publication in conjunction with the Shipping Perishable Cargo workbook
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- Airlines and cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs. More