Did you know that in the past 3 years, 204 participants from 36 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn how to correctly manage and control the end-to-end project procurement framework and contract life cycle, as well as effective strategies to successfully handle suppliers a vendors. Over 5 days you will master the step-by-step process for converting needs into outsourced goods and services. You will gain knowledge on how to develop evaluation criteria to select the most appropriate procurement partner, and how to create an effective statement of work and service level agreements.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 30 - May 04, 2018 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Move through the end to end procurement management process
- Identify stakeholder expectations and convert project needs into contract requirements
- Use a Request for Information (RFI) as a tool to determine the sourcing strategy
- Develop an evaluation model and supplier selection criteria to be able to analyse and validate proposals
- Establish a bid evaluation framework and create a robust Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Adapt and improve your negotiation techniques and communication strategies
- Recognize the different contract types, their objectives and legal implications
- Monitor and control supplier performance and maintain effective working relationships
- Procurement lifecycle
- Supplier selection criteria
- Supplier evaluation techniques and negotiation
- Contract types, definitions and purpose
- Managing supplier performance and relationships
- Group exercises
- Negotiation role plays
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone involved in procurement
- Purchasing or sourcing managers
- Vendor or product evaluation / selection managers
- Program managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course counts as 30 PDUs, helping you earn or maintain your PMI credential.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. IATA has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.