Become a true leader who is capable of motivating its people to achieve better results on a daily basis. Air Cargo Supervisors need to combine a broad operational knowledge with a specific interpersonal skillset allowing them to improve their team’s performance, every day of the year.
This course will provide participants the combination of techniques on how to manage the business but also how to manage staff, improve communications and become a better leader.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define the current market environment and its challenges
- Identify customers’ expectations
- Master management techniques on financials / service quality /KPI’s / Lean / Six Sigma
- Understand the human factors such as motivation/communication and change
- Gain knowledge on the specific duties of a cargo supervisor
- Air Cargo Market Environment
- Duties of an Air Cargo Supervisor
- Performance Expectations and KPI’s
- Service Quality Measurement
- Customer Satisfaction measurement
- Change Management
- Communication skills
- Motivational techniques
Download full outline and schedule
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Young graduates in the air cargo industry with growth aspirations
- Supervisors/team leaders of airlines, handling agents, air cargo agents and consolidators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More