DescriptionPrices & Registration
This course will give you the total skill-set to be a compelling communicator. The hallmark of people with great personal presence is that they are themselves. This course helps you find your most effective natural style, and rediscover your innate ability to be relaxed, persuasive communicators. Under stress, or faced with a potentially hostile audience, it’s all too easy to become defensive, or worse, offensive as survival instincts kick in. We will give you the tools to maintain authenticity and professionalism. We work with you to articulate clearly what it is that makes you stand out and how you can harness this for the benefit of your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|May 07 - May 09, 2018 - Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Be self-aware of how you come across
- Have control in projecting a powerful presence
- Apply practical skills to present yourself in the most compelling way
- Use techniques to make powerful and memorable presentations
- Gain real practice in real time for long term benefits
- Mind the Gap - Perception Gaps: How do you want to be perceived? How do you actually come across?
- Energy: Why is it important? How to be compelling and connect with your audience. The difference between personal and professional energy.
- The story structure: We will look at the threads of this elegant structure. Historical, scientific, psychological.
- Presence: Physical, vocal, and emotional. What does your own energy look and feel like?
- Practice: Including use of slides and visual aids.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to connect persuasively with clients and colleagues
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.