Gain a competitive advantage with this advanced course on airline revenue management (RM) concepts, and validate your learning using our sophisticated airline management revenue simulator. Learn how to maximize your revenue by achieving a balance between demand, reservation scheduling and variable pricing, and strengthen your analytical skills for critical tasks and situations. In this 4-day course you will evaluate the different revenue management systems currently available, analyze inventory control, pricing issues and recent trends.
Our unique RM simulator will enable you to experience hands-on management of your own airline in a competitive environment using the full range of tactics and features of a complex revenue management system. Learn how to defend your market share and optimize revenues, react to specific simulated effects such as denied-boarding and no-shows, and adapt your strategy when competitors enter the market.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in revenue management or similar
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|May 28 - May 31, 2018 - Germany, Frankfurt (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review your revenue management processes
- Review your pricing approach
- Apply specific RM steering methodologies
- Analyse and use your Revenue Management System more effectively
- Handle demand influences (seasonality and events)
- Explain and handle the characteristics of connecting traffic
- Choose the right systems
- Appraise competitor behavior and develop counter strategies
- Counter spiral-down effects: self-fulfilling prophecy
- Pricing approaches / dynamic pricing
- Fare integrity through booking class assignment
- Determination of the right business rules
- Flight categorization
- RM systems (leg-based / O&D-based): forecast and optimization
- Handling market changes: calibrate and influence RM systems
- Overbooking and denied boarding
- Cancelations and decrementing
- Spiral-down effect in RM systems
- Connecting traffic principles (Bid pricing vs. bucket control)
- How to react to competitor behavior
To request a demonstration of the Revenue Management Simulator please send your email addresses, phone number, company name and job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend
This course is recommended for airline and non-airline staff and specialists in:
- Revenue management and pricing
- Network planning, scheduling
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Thomas Grostad, Widero Flyveselskap AS
This is an excellent course for every employee working with
revenue management no matter what level of expertise you already possess in the
discipline. The course takes you through the essential subjects in revenue
management, triggers a curiosity to further enhance knowledge in the field, and
also fill the gaps you may have in the area. The course help every employee
working with revenue management to shape a healthy mindset needed to maximize
revenue for its company.
Tony Santos, Kuwait Airways
This course is an excellent compilation of study materials which is
must for any Pricing/Revenue management staff. IATA has done a splendid job to
have the course tailor-made and suitable with practical solutions.