Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate root cause analysis as an effective problem solving process to find and evaluate the cause of problems. Investigate errors, accidents and incidents and comply with your internal quality processes and international regulations, such as ICAO and EASA using the root cause analysis tools. In this five day course, you will learn the key steps to conducting an effective root cause analysis, which tools to use for root cause identification, and how to develop effective corrective actions plans.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of root cause analysis
- Explain the objectives of root cause analysis as a procedure to find and evaluate the causes of problems
- ▪ Summarize the root cause requirements under ICAO, FAA and EASA
- Describe the problem solving process
- Use problem cause data collection tools
- Apply root cause analysis tools
- Develop efficient corrective action plans
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Civil Aviation Authority representatives
- Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.