Did you know that in the past 3 years, 1302 participants from 78 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn the Root Cause Analysis techniques that are essential for compliance with ICAO and EASA Safety Management System (SMS) requirements and conformity with IATA’s IOSA and ISAGO audit programs.
RCA methods are crucial in the investigation of near-misses, accidents and incidents and in preventing recurrent audit non-conformities. This course provides instruction on problem solving and corrective action plan processes you can immediately apply within your organization to start making improvements to your operational performance.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 30 - Nov 03, 2017 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of root cause analysis
Explain the objectives of root cause analysis as a procedure to find and evaluate the causes of problems
Summarize the root cause requirements under ICAO, FAA, EASA and IATA
Describe the problem solving process
- Use problem cause data collection tools
Apply root cause analysis tools
Develop efficient corrective action plans
Describe the IOSA/ISAGO requirements to complete corrective action records
- International requirements: ICAO-SMS framework, EASA, FAA, Transport Canada, IATA
- Common root cause analysis errors
- Problem solving process
- Defining the problem
Problem definition tools
Problem cause data collection tools
Root cause analysis cycle
- Root cause identification tools
- Five “why’s”
Cause and effect diagram (or the fishbone diagram)
Fault tree analysis
- Key steps to conducting an effective root cause analysis
- Corrective action
- Corrective action plan development
Corrective action plan follow-up
IOSA and ISAGO Corrective Action Record requirements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and ground service providers
- Safety and quality managers
Operations supervisors and personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.