Travel connects more than 1 billion people worldwide every year. Think of the opportunities waiting if you can interact with travelers in their own language. Choose from 23 languages. IATA will issue a unique certificate of course completion once you have successfully completed the language training.
About the course
Rosetta Stone® TOTALe® PRO is a complete language learning course. You will speak, listen, read, and write while building a foundation in language with Rosetta Course®. You will then progress to Rosetta Studio®, where you participate in unlimited live online conversation sessions with a coach who is a native speaker of your new language. You and up to three other learners participate in 25-minute sessions. Reinforce learning in Rosetta World®, the Rosetta Stone online community, where interactive activities enable you to practice and compete with other language learners. Rosetta Course, Rosetta Studio, and Rosetta World work together to help you speak your new language confidently. All the while, Rosetta Stone’s Customer Success Team helps motivate learners throughout their language learning experience.
Each Level consists of four Units (topics) containing four Core Lessons which build language and structure in sequence, incorporating speaking, listening, reading and writing practice. Each lesson is followed by a range of Focused Activities concentrated on specific parts of the language being learned (pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking). These activities are based on material already introduced within that lesson. Review activities test and reinforce how well you retain lesson content. Each unit is capped by a Milestone activity, a lifelike scenario where you participate in a dialogue, and need to apply your new language knowledge to that situation or context in order to progress through the activity.
This course is delivered to you online, through cutting-edge technology. Enjoy 40–50 hours of engaging content per level. Study when and where it is convenient for you as your course access is available around-the-clock. Course access is for 12-months from your start date, and you will have access to all available levels of a chosen language.
- Level 1: Learn fundamental vocabulary and language structure
- Level 2: Talk about your environment
- Level 3: Express ideas, opinions and information through conversation
- Level 4: Apply advance vocabulary and grammar to negotiate complex situations
- Level 5: Engage in debates and speak about issues
Rosetta Stone is available in the following 18 languages in Levels 1-3: Arabic, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, Vietnamese
In addition to Levels 1-3, the more advanced Levels 4-5 are available in the following languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (American), English (British), French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America)
Rosetta Stone and IATA will provide an IATA endorsed certificate to learners after successful course completion. Your success will be measured through review tests or activities completed at the end of each level.
Upon completion of this course you will have the skills to:
- Express common courtesy
- Understand and respond to customer queries
- Give instructions, directions, advice and suggestions
- Describe the features of a travel product or service
- Hold general conversation with customers or co-workers
This course is recommended for non-speakers of the language, working in aviation, cargo and travel sales who serve travel consumers:
- Travel call center agents and personnel
- Airline flight crew and passenger service agents
- Travel/tour agents and guides
- Hotel and food/beverage guest services
There is no placement test required to enroll. Rosetta Stone takes learners with no previous experience in a particular language to a B1 level on the Common European Framework (CEFR) in just 200 hours by completing Levels 1 to 5. Three level courses take learners to an A2 level.
- The use of a USB headset with microphone is highly recommended when learning from a desktop/laptop computer. Such headsets will enhance your learning experience and are available in most retail electronic shops
- Operating systems–Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7, or 8; Mac (Intel) OS X 10.6 or higher.
- An up-to-date browser, broadband internet is also recommended.
- Your system will likely be prompted to install Flash 11.3 or higher.
You have the flexibility to strengthen your new language skills independently—whenever and wherever it's convenient. Mobile apps are available to continue learning and practicing using an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and select Android™ devices. Apps are free of charge to download. Listening and speaking practice is also available on-the-go for MP3 players.
Upon initial login to the Rosetta Stone portal you can access documentation by clicking on the “Support” tab. A number of user guides are available in selected languages.