DescriptionPrices & Registration
Be brought up to date on the legal, regulatory and safety implications of RPAS (drones) on civil aviation. The course addresses the emerging safety threats from the introduction of drones and the work done to regulate, manage and mitigate their impact including related safety assessment methods and techniques.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 16 - Apr 20, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Be conversant about the regulatory framework for drone operations and be able to relate it to your job
- Carry out a safety assessment of drone risks and threats for manned aviation
- Apply the latest information to manage the threats posed by drones to civil aviation
- Correct terminology applicable to drones and their operations
- Current state of the art for regulation and standardisation
- Current state of the art for awareness, training and education of remote pilots and other professionals involved in civil operations of drones
- Safety Assessment for drones operations
- Analysis of occurrences involving drones and the reporting of them
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety and operations managers from Airlines, Airports, Air Navigation Services Providers (ANSPs), Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs) and aviation-related organizations
- Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCO)
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.