Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of your technology and team against the IATA-ACI Security and Egress Project criteria to increase efficiency in your screening operations.
This course provides you with the latest assessment techniques for identifying weaknesses in your operations. Develop your staff by implementing stringent recruitment processes and recurrent training programs. Improve the use of your screening technology with the most current information on industry threats, new technologies and x-ray screening techniques.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|Sep 19 - Sep 23, 2016 - United States, Miami (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify X-ray Screener job requirements
- Establish a training program for security screening staff
- Optimize passenger flow at security checkpoint
- Manage screening staff in day-to-day operations
- Establish and maintain threat recognition systems
- Know the screening technologies available on the market
- Background and regulations
- Current trends in aviation security
- Legislative aspects of aviation security
- Customer service vs. securing the flight
- Threats and detection technology
- Explosives and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- Detection technology categories
- Health and safety using detection technologies
- Weapon recognition
- IATA-ACI Security Access and Egress project
- Passenger process flow
- How to measure performance
- Screening management
- Recruiting screeners
- Building a training program
- Testing and designing drills
- Checkpoint designs
Download full outline and schedule
- Screening checkpoint design exercise
- X-ray screening simulation exercise
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Security managers and security screening supervisors from all areas of the aviation industry, law enforcement agencies and governments.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More