Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of your technology, human factors and processes against the IATA-ACI Smart Security program and define criteria to increase efficiency in your screening operations.
This course provides you with the latest assessment techniques for identifying weaknesses in your operations. Develop your staff by implementing stringent recruitment processes and recurrent training programs. Improve the use of your screening technology with the most current information on industry threats, new technologies and x-ray screening techniques.
- This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify X-ray Screener job requirements
- Establish a training program for security screening staff
- Optimize passenger flow at security checkpoints
- Manage screening staff in day-to-day operations
- Establish and maintain threat recognition systems
- Know the screening technologies available on the market
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Security managers
- Security screening supervisors
from all areas of the aviation industry, law enforcement agencies and governments.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.