DescriptionPrices & Registration
With new technology, passenger rail transportation offers comfort, speed, convenience and a rewarding travel experience. It is no wonder why more people travel by train.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of English language.
Course duration: An average 30 hours of study is required to complete the course study. Your course enrolment period is for six months. An online exam is available at the end of your course study.
The Selling International Rail Transportation Course provides knowledge of global passenger rail products and teaches skills in arranging international rail journeys. You will understand how travel by train is not only a mode of transportation but can offer a niche travel experience as well. You will receive this course content in downloadable eBook format. It comes complete with a course guide, twelve units to study and a set of Thomas Cook rail timetable extracts to practice creating rail journeys.
- Benefits of passenger rail transportation
- Rail products: luxury and special tourist trains
- The rail timetable and planning the journey
- Features and amenities on the train
- Pricing and ticketing rail journeys and selling rail passes
Upon achieving a pass grade of 70% on the course examination, IATA grants a course certificate entitled “ IATA Selling International Rail Transportation Course Certificate”.
The exam is composed of 50 multiple choice exam questions based entirely on course content and 10 multiple choice exam questions based on rail timetables.
Upon completion of this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify the features of passenger rail transport and sell their benefits
- Recognize and describe common types of rail products
- Explain the characteristics of luxury, scenic, and long distance rail products
- Interpret and use rail timetables to establish international itineraries
- Describe the most popular rail passes and general conditions of carriage on rail tickets
This course is recommended for:
- Travel and call center agents
- Tour operator agents
- Rail sales agents and rail passenger agents
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs. More