Our self-study course will teach you how to transport time and temperature sensitive healthcare and pharmaceutical products safely according to IATA Temperature Control Regulations. Learn about product temperature ranges, packaging technology, key risk factors and critical control points.
Course formatThis distance learning course is available in Printed format.
- This course requires approximately 6 - 8 hours of study, to be completed in one year.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain contractual considerations for the carriage of time and temperature sensitive goods.
- List and identify shipper and carrier responsibilities for the transport of goods.
- Understand how to comply with government regulations respecting food safety.
- Identify the types of perishable shipped by air transport.
- Explain air shipment packaging requirements.
- Complete aircraft documents properly and correctly apply required labels on packaging and required markings on shipments.
- Explain the importance of time and temperature management, including temperature mapping recommendations.
- Application of temperature control regulations
- Pharmaceutical products - Facts and types
- Packaging, documentation and labelling
- Acceptance and control
- Air transport logistics for time and temperature sensitive healthcare products
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- All staff involved in the transport and handling of pharmaceutical products
- Airlines staff and shippers transporting time and temperature sensitive healthcare products
- Primary producers or manufacturers of pharmaceutical and healthcare goods
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.