Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel (SMART) course teaches the skills and knowledge required to sell, make and manage flight, hotel and car reservations in a simulation of the Amadeus system.
Serving the needs of a billion travelers every year, the travel and tourism industry continues to grow at an average rate of 4% every year. Developed for beginner level users of Galileo Global Distribution System (GDS), the SMART course will prepare you for a successful career as a global travel professional working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
Course format: This self-study course is available in etextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 65 hours of study, to be completed in 6 months.
- All candidates will be given two attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 70% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Make customer-directed flight/hotel/car bookings received by telephone/email
- Plan efficient and accurate travel itineraries
- Price journeys by air
- Encode and decode standard airline industry codes
- Provide advice on travel products and options
- Process queues and update reservations
- Issue e-tickets
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center and customer contact agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.