Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel (SMART) course teaches the skills and knowledge required to sell, make and manage flight, hotel and car reservations in a simulation of the Amadeus system.
Serving the needs of a billion travelers every year, the travel and tourism industry continues to grow at an average rate of 4% every year. Developed for beginner level users of Sabre Global Distribution System (GDS), the SMART course will prepare you for a successful career as a global travel professional working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Make customer-directed flight/hotel/car bookings received by telephone/email
- Plan efficient and accurate travel itineraries
- Price journeys by air
- Encode and decode standard airline industry codes
- Provide advice on travel products and options
- Process queues and update reservations
- Issue e-tickets
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center and customer contact agents
An IATA e-Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 75
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.