This practical course gives you the expertise to implement a successful Safety Management System (SMS) in your airline with the latest tools and processes.
Gain the skills to implement a phased and manageable workload that will allow you to comply with regulatory requirements. Learn how to take a proactive approach to risk management and promote an ongoing safety culture within your organization.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|Oct 03 - Oct 05, 2016 - Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong (JAA-RTP)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess the current degree of implementation in your organization and deploy a SMS implementation plan
Apply ICAO’s safety management concepts and processes to your SMS
Manage the SMS implementation workload as well as the deliverables for each stage of your plan
Secure managerial support for your SMS changes
- SMS overview
- SMS components
- Safety risk management
- Strategies for safety management
- SMS design and preparation
- ICAO’s phased approach to SMS implementation and its deliverables
- SMS gap analysis and action plan tools
- Safety measurements, maintenance, and control
- Safety measurement process
- Uses for safety performance measurements
- Maintenance and control methods
- Change management process
- How to secure senior management commitment
- What to avoid and how to overcome resistance
Download full course outline and schedule
- Apply course objectives to your company’s operations with the help of practical exercises
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for airline staff:
- Safety specialists and managers
Operational managers and supervisors
Prerequisite: Completion of the SMS for Airlines course
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.