DescriptionPrices & Registration
This course will help participants and organizations understand the function, role and importance of developing and implementing a Safety Management System (SMS).
- Understand the basic knowledge, techniques and skills needed to develop a Safety Management System and measure its performance
- Discover how an effective system can reduce costs
- Learn cost-effective resource planning
- See how safety risks are managed proactively
- Explore how to build a positive safety culture within your organization
Available as: e-Learning course
Duration: 2 hours plus exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
Related training: Introduction to Safety Management Systems (Distance Learning)
- Introduction to SMS
- Policy and objectives
- Risk management
- Safety assurance
- Safety promotion
- Integrating airline management systems
- The regulatory authority’s role in SMS oversight
- Implementation requirements
- Representatives of Civil Aviation Authorities
- Experienced managers from airlines, airports, ANS providers, manufacturers and maintenance groups
- Supervisors in operations
Achieve 75% or higher to earn your self-printable IATA Certificate.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.