DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
This course will help participants and organizations understand the function, role and importance of developing and implementing a Safety Management System (SMS).
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed textbook or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 10 hours of individual study, including a paper-based exam.
A shorter, eLearning version of this course is available online. Read more about the eLearning course.
What you will learn
Understand the basic knowledge, techniques and skills needed to develop a Safety Management System and measure its performance
Discover how an effective system can reduce costs
Learn cost-effective resource planning
See how safety risks are managed proactively
Explore how to build a positive safety culture within your organization
Introduction to Safety Management Systems
Policy and Objectives
Integrating Airline Management Systems
The regulatory authority’s role in SMS oversight
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Representatives of Civil Aviation Authorities
Experienced managers from airlines, airports, ANS providers, manufacturers and maintenance groups
Supervisors in operations
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page