Did you know that in the past 3 years, 323 participants from 42 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course provides you with the skills and practical experience you need to deliver effective Safety Management Systems (SMS) training. Learn how to train to improve performance, introduce safer operations, and reduce costs in your airline while ensuring compliance with ICAO SMS requirements.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have completed the Safety Management Systems (SMS) for Airlines course or proven experience with SMS.
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 04 - Oct 06, 2017 - Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the required safety training for each management level
- Develop SMS training according to organizational needs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and implement corrections
- Build a compliant SMS training program
- Key presentation principles
- How to become a successful presenter
- Instructor’s perspective on the SMS – Initial course
- Safety training requirements per management level
- Operational personnel
- Managers and supervisors
- Senior managers
- Establishing a process to ensure effective training
- Practical delivery
- Develop SMS training through practical exercises, role play and presentations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Corporate or operational safety managers, analysts and coordinators
- Post holders in safety, ground operations and others
- Safety instructors
- Operational supervisors and managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: