IATA has joined forces with Embry-Riddle
Aeronautical University – Worldwide (ERAU) to bring you an online Supply Chain Management certificate. This Program combines two key cargo courses from IATA and two specialized courses form ERAU to provide you with a strong foundation in cargo supply chain management.
Designed for individuals currently working in the industry, the certificate’s coursework will address topics such as basic cargo procedures, loading, sourcing, procurement, packaging, distribution and customer service. Courses are offered fully online and are self-paced. Enrollment is open and courses can be started at anytime.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures, arrange air freight shipments, apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments, complete air waybills accurately, and prepare shipments ready for carriage
- Describe and apply pricing strategies including advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates, mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete air waybill
- Control and maximize the use of space in aircraft holds, understand aircraft routings and apply basic rating principles and state and operator variation
- Discuss the role of logistics management and understand major global supply chain strategies, logistics system effectiveness and the importance of improving customer service performance.
- Understand the role of information systems and internet technology in inventory management, order processing and supply chain integration.
- Examine the role of transportation and warehousing in the logistics system, issues associated with product packaging and the concepts of total costs.
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations: conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods
- Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee for developing a reliable and affordable transportation system
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations: conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates
- Operations at cargo agencies, airlines, and freight forwarders, air cargo acceptance basic rating principles, air waybill completion
- IATA geography, TACT, OAG, and other cargo manuals
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
This certificate comprises 4 courses
Cargo Introductory Course (IATA)
This course will help you to understand the roles of different organizations in the air cargo industry, the concept of the IATA Cargo Agency, and world geography. Gain the knowledge to control and maximize the use of space in aircraft holds. Understand aircraft routings and industry manuals, such as TACT and OAG World Airways Guides. Learn how to apply basic rating principles and state and operator variation, and how to follow IATA standards to accept cargo, complete documents and improve customer service.
Cargo Advanced Rating and Marketing (IATA)This course uses IATA expertise to provide knowledge on cargo rating principles and Air Waybill completion, as well as basic marketing procedures. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development.
Integrated Logistics Management (ERAU)
Integrated logistics is about the systematic management of activities associated with the delivery of goods and services to meet customer needs. This course addresses the cross-functional management of a number of activities including sourcing, procurement, packaging, in-bound transportation, warehousing, inventory management, distribution, customer service, and reverse logistics where appropriate.
This course requires the separate purchase of a text book: Contemporary Logistics, 11th edition by Paul Murphy; Print ISBN: 9780132953467, 0132953463 ; eText ISBN: 9780133776140
Logistics Management for Aviation (ERAU)
This course prepares the students to examine ways for optimizing the physical flow of goods and materials within a firm from acquisition through production, and movement through channels of distribution. The course primarily focuses on applying logistics theory in materials handling, managing inventory, planning capacities, and locating distribution centers.
This course Requires Purchase of Separate Text: Supply Chain Logistics Management (4th ed.) ISBN: 9781121491656
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
An IATA-Embry Riddle Certificate in Supply Chain Management will be awarded to participants who successfully complete all 4 courses. Upon successful completion of the Certificate
program, you must request your certificate via email
Please read the General Information on IATA Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your IATA exams.
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an IATA Certificate for each course
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 3