DescriptionPrices & Registration
Be brought up to date on the concept of System Wide Information Management (SWIM). In this course you will review the standards, infrastructure, governance and implementation that enable the management and exchange of Air Traffic Management (ATM)-related information.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know how the components of SWIM work together: Aeronautical Information Management (AIM); Air Traffic Flow Management; capacity demand; airport; Collaborative Decision Making (CDM); environment; flight; surveillance; weather
- Be up to date on the latest developments in SWIM implementation
- Utilize this knowledge to make decisions about planning and implementation of SWIM
- The reasons for the development of SWIM
- SWIM principles: characteristics; definition; vision
- Concept of operations
- Information domains
- Information services
- SWIM implementation examples
- Aircraft access to SWIM
- Case Study and numerous examples
- Group work
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) practitioners
- Air Traffic Control, Airline and Airport operational staff
- Air Navigation Service Provider, Airport and Airline management
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.