Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 60-70 hours plus 2.5 hours for exam
Recommended level: Professional and Management
Prerequisites: Participants should have at least 2 years of professional experience across ground handling functions
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
This course if offered in the following formats:
1. Textbook. Candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format. To enroll, click on the "enroll" button below.
2. eBook: training material available in electronic format readable in all computers and portable electronic devices. Benefit from discounted rates and save on shipping!
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
Combined, the Harvard ManageMentor modules and this Distance Learning course in eBook format will provide you with the Leadership and Management skills you need to succeed in your organization.
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content.
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA module, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
The IATA Airport Handling Manual in USB Key (including the AHM toolbox) and the Ground Operations Manual*
* Find out more about the Airport Handling Manual
The AHM represents a value of $699 included in the price of this course!
NOTE: The fees include the distance learning course and access to the HMM modules.